The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.ng.undp.org recruitment, United Nations Development Programme Vacancies 2020 Application Form, United Nations Development Programme Jobs 2020, United Nations Development Programme Career Portal, Requirements for United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2020, United Nations Development Programme Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||United Nations Development Programme|
|Deadline||28th September, 2020|
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2020 United Nations Development Programme Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.ng.undp.org.
Table of Contents
Available Job Positions & Details
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
The following positions are available at the United Nations Development Programme. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Waste Management Research Consultant
Additional Category: Sustainable Development and Poverty Reduction
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Oct-2020
Duration of Initial Contract: 20 Working Days
Expected Duration of Assignment: 20 Working DaysBackground
Five months after its initial outbreak in Wuhan, China, the coronavirus pandemic continues to escalate with global confirmed cases now surpassing 9 million and case fatalities over 470,000.
On 27th February 2020, Nigeria confirmed its first case of COVID-19 and the situation has since rapidly evolved. At the time of writing, confirmed cases in Nigeria stand at 20,244, including 518 case. Active cases spread across over 400 LGAs. Of particular concern is the rapid spread of COVID-19 in states such as Kano, Lagos, Borno and the FCT which together account for almost 70% of all confirmed cases in the country. COVID-19 is a clear threat to the global health security including Nigeria. It is now critical that response activities are geared towards bridging the gaps in the weak health system by building long-term capacity, bearing in mind potential threats of outbreaks (emerging and re-emerging) in the future.
The fact that the country still has major gaps in its subnational preparedness, underlines the need for rapid action at State level to support national efforts to contain the outbreak. In addition to the various containment measures that are being enforced in the country, the proper treatment and disposal of waste generated by health care activities, including the use of a broad range of materials such as needles and syringes to soiled dressings, body parts, diagnostic samples, blood, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and radioactive materials, is vital not only to limit potentially exposing health care workers, waste handlers, patients and the community at large to COVID-19, but to also ensure that the rise in medical waste is not contaminating the environment and increasing the spread of other diseases in the future. It is therefore essential that all medical waste materials are segregated at the point of generation, appropriately treated and disposed of safely.
- As part of its support to the Government of Nigeria in its efforts and response to the COVID-19 pandemic, UNDP Nigeria seeks to conduct primary research to better understand the waste management structure, procedures and capacities in three high burden COVID-19 states including Lagos, Kano and Plateau.
- The research is envisioned to provide a detailed understanding of the waste management mechanisms in the above mentioned States, assess the scope of the health waste problem as it relates to COVID-19, the capacities of the waste management plants as well as emerging health waste risks and existing response capacities in selected states in the context of COVID-19.
- The IC will work with the UNDP team and will liaise with focal points within relevant ministries and sectors to undertake the research and to collect relevant data.
Duties and Responsibilities
The IC will undertake the following tasks:
- Conduct research and produce a report detailing waste disposal mechanisms from labs to waste management plants in three target States including an assessment of the scope of the health waste problem as it relates to COVID-19.
- The IC will conduct a comprehensive research of the waste management system and infrastructure from labs to waste management plants in the three States identified above.
- The research will also assess the scope of the health waste problem resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The IC will also develop survey tools and implement them as part of the research methodology.
- The IC will undertake primary and secondary data collection, including background research of plant locations as well as interviews (representative sample) with plant managers to collect key indicators as well as to identify specific challenges and potential/emerging health waste risks and existing response capacities in context of COVID-19. Based on the research and primary data collected, the IC will produce a report that details the waste management procedure from labs to waste management plants as well as an analysis of the key indicators, potential areas of risks bought about by COVID-19 related waste as well as recommendations on how to mitigate the identified risks.
- Develop a database of waste management plants and their locations in Lagos, Kano and Jos. Through research and interviews with plant managers stated above, the IC will collate a database that includes geocoordinates of plant locations as well as a compiling and calculation of key performance indicators including, but not limited to those related to personnel, physical, operational, environmental and financial indicators. In addition to indicators for instance, daily load, discharge efficiency, percentage of hazardous waste processed, pollution and emission indicators, the IC will include challenges faced by the plant.
- The indicators should also reflect COVID-19 specific waste management indicators and challenges.
Expected Outcome/ Deliverables
The Consultant will be expected to deliver the following:
- A report detailing the waste disposal mechanisms from labs to waste management plants in three target states.
- A dataset of waste management plants, including locations, key performance indicators, method of disposal of COVID-19 related waste to monitor emerging health waste risks and existing response capacities in selected states in the context of COVID-19 Response
- The Consultant will work under the direct supervision of the UNDP Nigeria Environment and Energy team lead.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience in conducting quantitative research, including gathering of primary data and analysis thereof;
- Strong understanding of the waste management system and infrastructure in Nigeria;
- Previous research or practical experience in the waste management sector in the country;
- Proven experience writing procedure documents and analysis reports for an international audience;
- Excellent command of English
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism
- Ability to work with a multi-cultural and diverse team
- Ability to produce high-quality research work under pressure of tight schedules and timelines.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Industrial Chemical, Engineering, Environment Sustainability – 25 points
- At least 5 years proven experience conducting primary research, including quantitative research as well as in the area of waste management or a closely related field – 45 points
- Proven experience in collecting, analysing and reporting using primary data– 30 points
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks
Application Deadline 28th September, 2020 (Midnight New York, USA).
Things To Know Before Applying
To apply for the United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest United Nations Development Programme Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum United Nations Development Programme Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for United Nations Development Programme Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|United Nations Development Programme Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|United Nations Development Programme Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include United Nations Development Programme recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though United Nations Development Programme may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Recruitment 2019/2020||September 18, 2020|
|Sterling Bank Plc Recruitment 2019/2020||September 18, 2020||17th September, 2020|
|Cummins Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||September 18, 2020||Not Specified|
|United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2019/2020||September 18, 2020||28th September, 2020|
|FHI 360 Recruitment 2019/2020||September 18, 2020||Not Specified|
|Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Recruitment 2019/2020||September 18, 2020||19th November, 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: